The third installment in the girl-meets-vampire narrative, “The Twilight Saga: Eclipse,” hits theaters at 12:01 a.m. Wednesday. Here are 10 tidbits about the film from the cast, director and screenwriter.
1. It doesn’t take Robert Pattinson long to get into character. All he has to do to become Edward is slip in the contact lenses that give him vampire eyes.
“They make me miserable as soon as I put them in. That’s what creates the pouting and brooding character,” Pattinson says.
2. “Eclipse” features the long-awaited first kiss between werewolf Jacob (Taylor Lautner) and Bella (Kristen Stewart).
Lautner says, “Bella is a fantastic kisser.”
3. There’s more action in “Eclipse” than the previous two movies combined, but it didn’t mean extra work for Stewart.
“The action was absolutely everyone else’s responsibility. I just stand behind people who are stronger than me the entire time. I didn’t even get to run around as much as I did in the second movie,” Stewart says.
4. Director David Slade met with each actor before filming to get their views on their characters. He used other meetings to add his own ideas.
5. If you look closely, you’ll see Bella’s bedroom is different from the previous two movies. It’s 4 feet wider because Slade needed extra room for the lenses he was used to shoot the movie.
6. Weather in Vancouver, Canada, where the film was shot, again created problems.
“Sunlight was the big problem,” Slade says. “It would have been perfect for any other movie but not for us.”
7. “Twilight” writer Stephenie Meyer was on the set during filming, but not to deal with the script. She was there in case the director or actors had a question about a character.
“She has a backstory for all the characters,” “Eclipse” screenwriter Melissa Rosenberg says.
8. Although it might not look like it, the actors who play vampires spent four hours every morning in the makeup chair. They had to be sprayed completely to create the pale, shimmering skin.
9.Hours before Dakota Fanning showed up to chat with the press about her role as Jane, the 16-year-old actress took her ACT exams. She has no work planned past the “Twilight” movies, so she’s going to college.
Fanning has narrowed the list of schools but says she has made no final decision.
10. Pattinson had a difficult time doing fight scenes with Bryce Dallas Howard, who plays the evil Victoria. That’s because he found her to be such a gentle person.
“She was afraid she would be hurting me,” Pattinson says.
Howard says she was afraid if she messed up Pattinson hair, millions of “Twilight” fans would hate her.
post via: heartkbitch.tumblr.com –> thanks for the post!